We received £258,800 Pupil Premium this year. This additional money is generated by the number of pupils who are eligible for free school meals and at Macaulay we have used it for a range of additional resources.
We ensure that all classes have at least one teaching assistant and in some classes there is more than one. Teaching assistants deliver a wide range of intervention programmes to support reading, writing, speech, physical development, and maths. We have also employed a teaching assistant who is an expert in Special Needs and provides support for pupils throughout the school.
We employ two learning mentors who provide social and emotional support for families and children. We also employ our own Education Welfare Officer who supports families to improve attendance and punctuality.
At Macaulay we are committed to providing a range of experiences which enhance the curriculum and pupils’ enjoyment of school. The pupil premium has been used to contribute towards the cost of these visits and visitors.
The objectives of our pupil premium spending are:
• To continue to provide all children with high quality teaching and learning experiences.
• To continue to use targeted intervention and support to close the attainment gap between disadvantaged and other pupils and ensure that the majority of children are achieving age related expectations.
• To develop the curriculum to engage all learners, develop independence, resilience, collaboration and provide challenge.
• To provide a range of extra- curricular activities which all children can access.
• To provide a range of quality first hand experiences to raise aspirations, engage children in their learning and expose them to the world around them.
• To ensure that children are ready to learn.
• To develop the joy of reading and develop reading stamina and comprehension skills.
You can read details of how Macaulay Primary Academy utilises its pupil premium funding by viewing the documents below.